Saturday, December 22, 2012

Lake on Fire



The darkened land stands still, all sounds muffled by the heavy blanket of mist and fog...the waters of the lake barely move as the swans trace circles in the waters …
Little did I know a year past that I would stand here alone, but not lonely, holding the Spear myself, waiting for the sun/ son to blaze up the waters of this holy ground. The little one, eager to see the sun wake has decided to join me in my rite and, while she plays with the water...I play with fire. As I touch the sunbeams of new light emerging triumphant over the darkness, I feel my body and soul enfolded in rejuvenating warmth.
The table for the feast will be laid for one tonight. Time and serendipitous events made my companions leave one by one and I have the nasty suspicion that lady Fate made sure I would do it on my own ... While my love, my companion, my life had to urgently attend the bed of his dear mother. My heart hurts for him and his pains, since he left in the early hours of the morning, have lingered in the now silent house. Despite all of this, I need to keep going as Work needs to be done.
It was necessary for me to stand here alone. alike the Fool departing for his journey, I make sure I am well equipped for my perennial return, I would bring what I have learnt, and the experience gained along the way …all combined with my instinct , my Light , my Faith.
Methodically I add to the now strengthening blaze each piece of sacred wood, each carefully chosen to embody my apparatus for travelling: the strength of the Oak, the connection of the Ash, the inspiration of the Willow, the foresight of the Pine, the protection of the Rowan, the courage of the Holly, the wisdom of the hazel, the fire of the Alder, the Ancestral wisdom of the Yew. All scents combined filling my senses with delight. My body is aglow. Listening to the winds among the reeds, words are being whispered; words of loss and Reunion, words of hard work and hope. A new path has been laid in front of me and new faces will be met along the way, some I do not know yet, and some I have known all my life … These steps in the sand are not my own, but steps left by those before me …worthy it is my deepest hope to be.
However, at this axial point, I am at peace, I am as ready as I can be, I am in control …bring it on!
fff
Isabelle




No comments:

Post a Comment